It’s that time of year again. The time of year where we look back and reflect on the year passed, and take the time to celebrate our accomplishments (or failings, I guess). 2012 has been an incredibly interesting year, but not one without some triumphs. Here are the 10 most popular posts, by traffic, for 2012.
- Important Changes to Tax Cuts, Credits, and Deductions for 2011
- Five Foods You Shouldn’t Waste Your Money On
- 1950 vs. Today; Have our Changed Spending Habits Improved our Lives
- I Quit My Job: Overcoming the Fear
- Quick and Easy Passive Income Ideas
- I Quit My Job: How I Did it and You Can Too
- Lending Club: Selecting Investments
- Lending Club: 1Q2012 Update
- Benefits of Buying Certified Pre-Owned Cars
- Lending Club Returns Update
A couple things are pretty obvious here. First, some of those posts are several years old. Their popularity is in the rankings they get from search engines. Second, you guys like to read about Lending Club! I’m hoping to continue to do the quarterly updates on my investments there, and maybe some other posts on LC sprinkled in occasionally. Third, passive income continues to be a big search engine topic. I think it’s a strong topic that people need to try and build (see the Lending Club posts), so I’m happy that it’s showing up on this list. Finally, the posts on quitting my job were some hot ones. I’m glad that they struck a chord somewhere, at least, and while that particular chapter in my employment adventures is over for now, I think the lessons learned (and shared) were good ones.
I’d also like to take a moment and thank you, the readers, for your support and time. Without you, this would be a somewhat empty enterprise. I appreciate each of your comments and reactions, and look forward to seeing your (digital) faces around in 2013!