On June 19, 2008, I posted a little post called “Welcome to Beating Broke“. Yep. 662 posts later, Beating Broke has reached it’s 5th birthday. That’s like 80 in blog years. Seriously. Something like 95% of blogs are dormant or just don’t exist anymore after 6 months. You’ll have to excuse the obvious pride I have in having made it for 5 years.
Over the years, the site has grown quite a bit. For instance, in the first 6 months of it’s existence, Beating Broke had 4,251 unique visitors to the site. In the last 6 months, there were 18,500 unique visitors. Over the lifetime of the site, there have been nearly 103,000 unique visitors and almost 177,000 pageviews. Sure, there are sites that do that in a month (or a day), but I still like those numbers.
There have been a few pretty popular posts. In fact, the most popular post on the site has more visits than the entire site did in it’s entire first 6 months! In case you’re curious, and to satisfy my own ego (it’s allowed today), here are the top 10 posts on the site for it’s first 5 years.
- Important Changes to Tax Credits and Deductions for 2011
- 1950 vs. Today: Have our Spending Habits Improved our Lives
- Five Foods you Shouldn’t Waste Your Money On
- Creating a Simple Budget the Beating Broke Way
- Quick and Easy Passive Income Ideas
- Lending Club – How I Select My Investments
- I Quit My Job – Overcoming the Fear
- Are Insurance Companies Just Big Ponzi Schemes
- Emigrant Bank Announces 3.75% Dollar Savings Direct (I miss those rates…)
- Benefits of Buying Certified Pre-Owned Cars
A pretty interesting mix, if I do say so myself.
Enough of the ego building though. I’m looking forward to the next 5 years.
If you’ve read this far, I’d love to hear what you want to see more of here. Leave a comment with your requests, suggestions, comments, dirty jokes, etc…