It’s March. And, besides making a whole lot of green food dye makers solvent for another year, it’s also the month that kicks off a certain basketball tournament. You’ve probably heard of it. Everyone has their favorites, and some like to create several brackets to try and catch all the early upsets and maybe win some bragging rights in an office pool or a pool of friends. But, this year, you can also win a chance at $500 in prizes. If you win, you’ll get to pick from an Apple iPad Mini with Retina, a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, or $500 cash.
Ok, so enough hype. Let’s get the run down on how you can win. Hint: you don’t even have to fill out a bracket!
Straight from the horses mouth (so to speak):
The earlier in the tournament you predict the winning team, the more entries you will get in the draw:
- A pick made before the Thursday tip off of Round 1 (March 20th) gets you 20 entries into the draw
- A pick made before the tip off of Round 2 (March 22) gets you 16 entries into the draw
- A pick made before the tip off of the Sweet Sixteen (March 27th) gets you 11 entries into the draw
- A pick made before the tip off of the Elite 8 (March 29th) gets you 4 entries into the draw
- A pick made before the tip off of the Final 4 (April 5th) gets you 2 entries into the draw
- A pick made before the tip off of the Championship Game (April 7th) gets you 1 entry into the draw
So, you just pick who you think is going to be the winner of the whole shebang, enter it, and see how you do. Note: if you’re chosen winner turns out to be a loser, you get the opportunity to pick another team. (That’s for all the NDSU fans out there. Go Bison!) Once the tournament is over, if you’ve picked the winner, all the winning team picking entrants will get their entries thrown into a drawing and the winner will be announced on April 11th. So, pick your winner, then go over and enter at the main MyKindaHoops Contest page.
If you want to get down to the nitty gritty details on this, you can also read the blog post with the full details over at the LowestRates blog.
With the tiered entry system they’ve got, you’ll want to get your entry in as soon as possible. The tournament starts on March 20th, so anytime before then gets you those first 20 entries.