Happy Groundhogs Day everyone! Today’s the day! Good ol’ Puxi.. let’s just call him Phil, shall we? Good ol’ Phil is gonna come on up out of his hidey hole and do his annual weather forecast for us.
Whether you believe in the Phils shadow or not, here’s 5 things that he’s not going to be able to determine for you.
- No matter what the weather will hold for the next 6 weeks, only you can determine what you do with them. Determine to break away from your broke habits, and see what you can do in those 6 weeks!
- Your tax refund! It’s tax time. If you haven’t filed your taxes yet, it’s time to get all your paperwork together and get your forms all filled out and sent in. Don’t be one of those people waiting in line in April to get your envelope postmarked!
- Your happiness! You know whether you’re truly happy or not. If you are unhappy with your situation, whether it be at work, school, or just with your finances, TODAY is the day to find a way to be happier! Make those changes and be a happier person!
- Your wealth! What does wealth mean to you? It it lots of zeros on your bank balance? Or is it being debt free and living the life you want to live, doing what you want to be doing?
- Your health! 6 more weeks of winter? Don’t crawl back into your hole like Phil! Spend some time determining the changes to your health that you want to make. Now’s a great time to revisit your new years resolutions, if you made any, and get back on track!
Have a great Groundhogs Day!
I started this blog to share what I know and what I was learning about personal finance. Along the way I’ve met and found many blogging friends. Please feel free to connect with me on the Beating Broke accounts: Twitter and Facebook.
You can also connect with me personally at Novelnaut, Thatedeguy, Shane Ede, and my personal Twitter.